There's something about the New Year that instills so much hope in me. I feel energized, invigorated, and as if all the things I feel I've failed at during the past year are suddenly attainable again. AND! I'm a list maker... Are you? Ever make a list just so you can revel in crossing stuff off? LOL Lists are how I best motivate myself, so I've created a list of all the things I want to accomplish in January.
Refreshing My Family
- Make a commitment for a family outing, activity, etc at least once a month. Sit down together as a family and plan what we will do each month.
- Schedule a mother/son date night with Bear.
- Set the goal of each member does a random act of kindness for one other family member at some point during the month.
- Create a list of family expectations and post them.
- Commit to saying something positive to my children before addressing their undesired/negative behavior.
- Try to have a solo meal with my husband once a month.
Refreshing My Home
- Go through each room and downsize. If I don't remember when I used it last, it can go.
- Deep clean. Ceilings to baseboards.
- Make a list of needed repairs and/or desired updates for each room. Plan when they will be done and adjust budget accordingly.
Refreshing My Heart
- Develop a word of the month. For January, I'm going to focus on the word "simplify", as I want to cut down on the distractions of my phone and our
- Start the Joyce Meyers Daily Devotional.
- Make it through Crazy Love.
- Get back to crafting headbands for my Zella Roo Designs mini-business. I don't make much money off of it... But my joy comes in the creative release I get from making darling hairpieces and getting to see pictures of all the little cuties in wearing them.
I've banded together with a few amazing bloggers to share our monthly goals all year long. Maybe you can find some inspiration in what they're aiming for here:
Setting Goals Month by Month for 2017 from Mama Smiles
Goals for January 2017 and Free 2017 Calendar from 3 Dinosaurs
Thrive in 2017: January Goals from Freshly Planted
The Secret to Accomplishing Your Goals for 2017 from Hot Drinks and Conversation